WHETHER you run, bike, swim or shoot hoops, eating nutritious food can provide additional energy, improve your performance and help you in your recovery.
Athletes are like finely tuned machines and a proper diet can help fine-tune your body.
Here’s a short list of some readily available food to get you ready from training to game day:
- Bananas – Monkeys are on to something. Counted among the world’s healthiest food, bananas pack an energy punch for workouts and helps build strong bones by counteracting calcium loss. Bananas also help prevent muscle cramps, reduces swelling and lowers blood pressure.
- Nuts – There’s a good reason why some people are nuts about nuts - they are a rich source of protein, fat, fiber, iron, magnesium and antioxidants. And they make great snacks too! Need energy? Macadamia, almonds and walnuts can do the trick!
- Sweet Potatoes - Rich in antioxidant beta-carotene, sweet potatoes are also great sources of fiber, vitamin B6, vitamins A, C and E, folate and potassium. It can be used as a replacement for bread as a source for carbs due to its fiber, complex carb, protein, vitamins A and C, iron and calcium content.
- Red Pepper – Although oranges and other citrus fruits are noted for their high Vitamin C content, raw red peppers on the other hand actually contain almost 300% of recommended daily Vitamin C intake. These powerful anti-oxidants are also perfect for the absorption of iron. Red peppers are best eaten raw, steamed or lightly cooked.
- Chia Seeds - Rich in nutrients, chia seeds contain a high amount of fiber, has a load of antioxidants and are loaded with calcium, iron and protein. They also contain a high amount of omega-3 fatty acids and have hydrophilic properties, which means that the seeds have the ability to absorb more than twelve times their weight in water, a boost to hydration. The seeds also help in retaining moisture and regulate the body's absorption of nutrients.
With the proper diet and the right amount of exercise, you can also improve your health by making sure you have daily nutrients.
To aid your diet, take a multivitamin packed with the right amount of nutrients to help fill in nutritional gaps. But make sure it’s not just any multivitamin; it has to be complete.
Centrum not only fills in those nutritional gaps, it also helps give the body energy, strengthens the immune system and even promotes healthy skin.
Help complete your nutrition by taking Centrum every day. #BeComplete from A to Zinc for only P10 SRP daily!