THE Premier Volleyball League has contacted potential television partners as ABS-CBN ceases operations.
ABS-CBN Sports and Action was PVL’s partner for the past four years, but the commercial volleyball league will have to find another home after congress denied ABS-CBN’s application for a new franchise.
ABS-CBN announced it will implement retrenchment including its sports department effective on August 31, 2020.
“This gives us no other option but to look for another network to cover our games. We are in the process of doing that,” said Sports Vision president Ricky Palou said on Saturday’s Power & Play with Noli Eala.
Palou said the league officials are also discussing the next move with team executives.
“We’re also consulting the teams on what they think about this and if they have any preference on who’s going to be our coverer,” Palou said. “When we finalize all these details we’ll talk to the different networks and see who’s willing to cover our games.”
“That’s as far as what we’ve got so far. We’ve made contacts with some of the networks but nothing is definite yet,” he added.
The league president is also hoping that the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) would grant their request for their teams to start training as PVL looks to stage its fourth season late this year.
“We’re hoping the IATF will allow this and I think we have to work through the Philippine Sports Commission to get this approval,” Palou said.
The Philippine Superliga is also waiting for the go signal of the government for teams to return to training, after the PBA and Philippine Football League were given the green light.