SINGAPORE - The 28th Southeast Asian Games family greeted the Philippines a ‘Happy Independence Day’ on Facebook by posting the top five things it loves about the ‘Pearl of the Orient.’
Prominently mentioned on the list are 'good-looking' and celebrated athletes Rachel Anne Daquis, Alyssa Valdez, Kiefer Ravena, sprinters Eric Cray and Kayla Richardson, and triathletes Nikko Huelgas and Ma. Claire Adorna.
The Philippines observed its 117th Independence Day on Friday (June 12).
Also on the top five list were diving's ‘Splash Brothers’ John Elmerson Fabriga and JD Pahoyo, whose video went viral following horror dives in the 3-meter springboard.
Here is the list as posted in the SEA Games Facebook account:
Top 5 things we love about the Philippines:
1. Giving us good looking athletes: @rachdaquis03, @alyssavaldez2, @kieferravena
2. Sprint and triathlon King and Queens for SEA Games 2015
3. Gave us the sensational ‘Splash Brothers,’ Fabriga and Pahoyo :)
4. Great fighting spirit: #LabanPilipinas
5. Huge support and love to #SEAGames2015: 105k Facebook fans (and counting)
Happy 117th Independence Day to the Philippines!