ONE Championship is taking a cautious approach in terms of its plans to resume operations.
"We want to come back in an environment where we are sure that we can do it safely for all parties involved," said chairman and CEO Chatri Sityodtong.
"At One Championship, we have the same level of intensity, but I would say we are a little more prudent, because safety is our highest priority. We are not in a rush to come back just for the sake of coming back due to our financial commitments to broadcasters and brands and whatnot."
The Singapore-based mixed martial arts promotion has not staged an event since February 28, when it held One: King of the Jungle in Singapore in a closed door setting.
It was supposed to return to Manila last May, but the global COVID-19 pandemic halted those plans.
One Infinity 1 would have seen defending heavyweight champion Brandon Vera defend his belt against Canadian-Indian fighter Arjan Singh Bhullar in the main event.
The Philippines is one of the hubs for the promotion, with the Mall of Asia Arena hosting four fightcards last year.
Sityodtong said his company has been in contact with the different countries in hopes of soon bringing the action back.
"Different governments have different policies on their borders, as well as their lockdown policies, so that’s been a little bit tricky in getting everything up and running," he said. "But my team and I have been working on it nonstop, and we feel pretty good about it."