Rank Country Gold Silver Bronze Total
    View Today
    Sun, Nov 5

    Lightweight contender Rolando Dy re-signs with Brave Combat Federation

    Lightweight contender Rolando Dy re-signs with Brave Combat Federationave
    Jan 20, 2021

    ROLANDO Dy is staying with Brave Combat Federation, inking a three-year contract with the Middle East-based promotion.

    "This organization took care of me when I was at the lowest point of my career as a professional fighter," said the 29-year-old son of former boxing champion Rolando Navarrete.

    "Without hesitations, they gave me the opportunity to write a new chapter in my story as a combat sports competitor. Here I am today, one of the best fighters on their roster and in the world."

    Dy was adjudged as the promotion's Fighter of the Year in 2020 and positioned himself as a legitimate challenger against lightweight champion Amin Ayoub.

    He is coming off a pair of victories in Riffa, Bahrain last year - a split decision victory over Maciek Gierszewski in September before scoring a shocking unanimous decision win over John Brewin in November.

    Dy, who holds a 14-9 (1 NC) record, made clear he now wants a title shot.

    ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW ↓

    "I want that title shot in 2021," he said. "But if BRAVE CF thinks I have to prove it again, then so be it. I really don’t mind. Line them up and I will keep knocking them down."

    Dy, though, is just grateful to represent the country in the promotion, which he has called home since 2017.

    "It’s an honor to represent this organization on the global stage of this sport. I will surely do my best to give the fans and my supporters a performance to remember every time I step inside the cage," he said.

    MORE FROM SPIN
    MORE FROM SPIN

      Get more of the latest sports news & updates on SPIN.ph

      Read Next
      read more stories about:
      Watch Now
      Sorry, no results found for
    • POLL

      • Quiz

        Quiz Result