Glen Davis pleads no contest to attack charge, avoids jail time

Former NBA player avoids jail time
Dec 13, 2019
PHOTO: ap

LOS ANGELES — Former NBA player Ronald Glen Davis avoided jail time after pleading no contest to a charge that he attacked a man outside a Los Angeles-area nightclub last year, prosecutors said Thursday (Friday, Manila time).

Davis, 33, was accused of throwing the victim into a wall during an altercation in West Hollywood on April 8, 2018.

He entered his plea Wednesday to one felony count of battery with serious bodily injury, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office said.

SEE ALSO
SEE ALSO

As part of a plea agreement, Davis is required to complete 320 hours of community labor over the next year. If he meets that condition and breaks no other laws, the battery count will be reduced to a misdemeanor, prosecutors said.

Davis also paid $104,479 in restitution.

Known by the nickname "Big Baby," Davis played for the Boston Celtics, the Orlando Magic and the Los Angeles Clippers.

Get more of the latest sports news & updates on SPIN.ph

Read Next
Watch Now
Sorry, no results found for
PHOTO: ap
  • POLL

    • Quiz

      Quiz Result