WITH more runners deciding to take the high-tech route to complement their training, adidas came out with their aptly named miCoach Smart Run.
The latest foray of adidas in the e-fitness field is an all-in-one smartwatch with a strapless heart rate monitor, GPS tracking and a color touchscreen that delivers real-time coaching powered by micoach.com.
Smart Run users can tap miCoach to act as a personal coach. Users can choose training plans or create personalized ones. Runners can track their workout progress, get coaching feedback, and see improvements.
Retailing at USD$399, the Run Smart uses premium materials like a magnesium back cover, a stainless steel framed touch-screen with Dragontrail glass held with a wide silicone strap.
For software, the smartwatch runs on the dependable Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1. The display is 1.45" full color touchscreen with a resolution of 184 x 184 pixels.
A rechargeable lithium ion battery provides a battery life depending on different settings: 14 days in casual mode (watch use), workout, four hours and marathon, eight hours. The watch has a max charging time of three hours.
A number of design features are packed inside the 80.5 gram device’s 48.4mm x 15.6mm x L263.1mm dimensions:
- A real-time cardio coaching provides accurate, continuous tracking of heart rate directly from the wrist that is translated to visual, audio and vibration feedback during a run to maximize training.
- The integrated GPS tracks speed, distance and also records routes to review in detail on miCoach.com. An accelerometer measures stride rate.
- A customizable workout view means users can customize the display so they can see exactly the stats they need. Runners can even customize their training by building their own interval workouts.
- The optical heart rate sensor built directly into the back of the watch dispenses with burdensome chest straps.
- A database of more than 400 anatomically correct animations combine to make hundreds of workouts and plans. The animations play right on the watch guiding users through each repetition and circuit.
- A must-have in mobile devices is an mp3 player with 3GB data space dedicated to music files that can be used via a Bluetooth headset (not included).
Workouts sync automatically from the watch to the web via Wi-Fi so user accounts are viewable on miCoach.com.
Run Score allows runners to track improvements, get race finish estimates and find the right plan to beat personal bests.
The adidas miCoach Smart Run will soon be available in adidas premium stores in the Philippines. For more details, check out http://micoach.adidas.com/ph/smartrun