WE are 99.9 percent sure that one of your New Year's resolutions is to be fit. After all, with all the food (and the fat) that you consumed these past few weeks - and are still going to before the year ends, who wouldn't feel guilty? If you ask us, we are. And thus, we are taking the "eating healthy and getting fit" gasgas dare seriously.
To start if off, we sought the help of our trusty smartphones. There are tons of free and fun to use apps that offer various services for everyone planning to join Oplan Balik Alindog. Here, we list the 4 best ones-which encompass the mind, body, and soul-that will help you achieve that dream body, that healthier glow, and heck, even that positive aura. Downloading...
1) 30 Day Fitness Challenge
The 30 Day Fitness Challenge App wouldn't be awarded as the Best App of 2016, Top Trending App, and Best Self-Improvement App by Google Play for nothing. Designed by a fitness coach, this app provides 19 targeted workout to help you achieve your specific fitness goals. You may also combine workout programs that target specific areas of the body. There are exercises for abs, butt, full body, etc. These workouts also increase intensity step by step, so you can easily challenge yourself daily.
- Each challenge has 3 difficulty levels, from beginner to pro
- Records training progress automatically
- Reminds you to workout every day
- Detailed video guides
- Easily share your results with your friends on social media
2) Calorie Counter - MyFitnessPal
MyFitnessPal's Calorie Counter will help you lose weight the healthy way by tracking all the major nutrients: calories, fat, protein, carbs, sugar, fiber, cholesterol, and more, of the foods you eat. Simply enter the ingredients and the food that you just ate (or are planning to eat), and voila, it'll do the counting for you, helping you make better and healthier choices the next time. You'll also get to receive personalized goals based on your individual diet profile, or enter your own goals if you've gotten specific recommendations from a doctor or nutritionist.
- View charts of your progress over time for motivation
- Has daily nutritional summary report
- Has a recipe importer which lets you easily import recipes from the Internet and track it with just a tap
- Web and mobile apps sync automatically, so your diary is always up to date
3) Plant Nanny
If you're a fan of Tamagochi, then this app is perfect for you. Plant Nanny's cute plants serve as an adorable reminder for you to stay hydrated. They have faces that will either look happy or sad depending on your water intake. Simply put, you just have to take care of the plant by drinking the required amount of water whenever they say so. And just like the normal leafy living thing, they'll die without water, that's why you must start chugging! BONUS: New friend, err, pet, err, plant = happier you! And water is good for the skin, trust us.
- Has various plants, pots, and cups to choose from
- Shows water intake history
- Share your progress (and your plant) with friends on Facebook
4) Sleep Sounds
Don't forget, sleep is also a huge part of being fit and healthy, as that downtime helps your body regenerate. To help you have that relaxing, refreshing slumber, Sleep Sounds is the perfect nightly companion. The app has selected soothing sounds to help you sleep like a baby. It also helps fight snoring and even insomnia! Just play the sound of your choice and you're on your way to the sweetest dream.
- Has high quality soothing sounds
- Customizable atmospheres
- Has timer so the app turns off automatically
- Works even without an Internet connection