ONE woman’s sneaker cleaning hack has understandably gone viral.
Earlier this week, Twitter user Sarah Tracey shared a before-and-after photo of her white sneakers, and the difference is quite shocking.
I am a miracle worker pic.twitter.com/BeivqBtdrv— halloween queen (@sarahtraceyy) October 15, 2017
After many inquired about how she did it, she finally revealed the secret on Twitter. The steps to cleaning her shoes are simple, as Sarah explains here:
ok rinse shoes, mix 1:1.5 of baking soda & detergent, scrub w toothbrush, let it sit for a while, rinse, put in washer, baby powder/dry???? https://t.co/D5Skp5ha3x— halloween queen (@sarahtraceyy) October 15, 2017
However, in case you’re hesitant to put your pristine pair inside the washer just like she did, here are other proven hacks you should try:
Detergent + warm water
1) Pour some detergent—one that doesn't contain bleach, which tends to fade the fabric—in a bowl and mix it with a small amount of warm water, until you achieve a paste-like consistency.
2) Dip an old toothbrush into the mixture and scrub the shoe in circular motion.
3) Rinse the shoe in warm water and wipe excess moisture with a towel.
4) Leave it to air dry.
Toothpaste + toothbrush
1) Use an old toothbrush to apply non-gel toothpaste to your shoe. Don't use the colored variant as this will stain your shoe.
2) Scrub in circular motion.
3) Let the toothpaste sit on the fabric for about 10 minutes.
4) Wipe the toothpaste off your shoe using a damp towel.
5) You can repeat this step as many times as possible until the shoe is squeaky clean and immaculately white again.
This story originally appeared on FHM.com.ph.