WHEN Brooks officially unveiled its newest running shoe this week, the Transcend emerged from a spaceship-inspired shoebox right beside a life-sized astronaut suit.
As part of a clever marketing ploy for its newest running shoe, a video featuring a time traveler from 2064 named Cornelius Plushington who explained he has an important message to share - a running shoe “loaded with every running luxury the future has to offer” that included “plush uppers and automatic tuning technology to provide a gravity-defying stride."
Sports Resources, Inc. (SRI), the official Philippine distributor of Brooks running shoes, made the formal reveal of the Transcend to select members of the media and running community. Designed from the ground up based on runner insight and biomechanics, the Transcend delivers the ultimate smooth ride: cushioned, effortless, plush, and completely tuned to the runner.
“During the development of PureProject and our efforts to define the Feel experience, we realized there are a number of runners who crave the opposite end of the spectrum, which we call Float,” said Jon Teipen, Brooks footwear product line manager.
“Transcend is the first shoe that addresses this, driven by new technology that delivers a smooth ride with support that kicks in only when you need it, acting as a safety net that helps your body stay in a balanced and cushioned position throughout the run.”
To achieve its lofty claims, the Transcend features five key technologies that work together to provide its unique ride:
- Super DNA – an advanced cushioning material that provides the ultimate smooth ride that smartly adapts to your every stride.
- Guide Rails – specialized plates built into the midsole revolutionize traditional stability by allowing the hips, knees, and joints to move along their unique motion path during running; all without any traditional posts.
- Ideal Pressure Zones – these transform the traditional idea of comfort by minimizing localized pressure evenly in the heel, midfoot and forefoot.
- Rounded Heel- aligns a runner's stride naturally and easily.
- Plush Upper – a combination of premium materials conform to the foot for a custom, plush fit.
During the launch, SRI also acknowledged its brand ambassadors from the ultrarunning and triathlon community, including Trans Filipinas runner Jerry Segarino who will run from Batanes to Jolo on June 12 to July 27; actress Jennylyn Mercado, Coach Jojo Macalintal, Frank 'The Legend' Lacson, and 2014 Challenge Philippines SEA Male and Female Elite champions August Benedicto and Monica Torres, respectively.
Ultrarunner Jonel Mendoza also shared his experiences training with and “torture testing” the Transcend, noting how it passed with flying colors.
For more information on the Transcend, visit www.brooksrunning.com/transcend. The Transcend is now available at the Brooks Concept Store in SM North Annex, RUNNR BHS, Trinoma, ATC, and Cebu, Toby’s Sports MOA, The SM Store MOA, and Toby’s Online. It is retailing for Php7,995.