THE Philippine Navy Golf Course will remain open even after a golfer who played in the course last week tested positive for COVID-19.
In an official statement, the Navy golf course management disclosed that one golfer who played a round on September 3 was informed about the positive result of his swab test for COVID-19 on September 5.
“The management is currently conducting contact tracing to those who were probably exposed to the said player,” said the Philippine Navy Golf Course management in a statement.
"Military personnel, civilian employees, and caddies who have been in close contact with him are scheduled to undergo swab testing immediately and will be placed on mandatory quarantine for fourteen (14) days or until their swab test results are released."
Despite the incident, the Navy Golf Course said it will remain open to both members nd non-members and will continue to enforce strict measures.
“The PNGC will continue to observe strict implementation of health and safety protocols such as temperature checking, wearing of face mask, and social distancing.
“In addition, the PNGC will remain open and rest assured that the entire golf course facilities will undergo thorough disinfection and sanitation,” the PNGC said.