DAVID Perkovic will not return for another tour of duty with Kaya FC in the next United Football League season.
The Australian mentor said he will part ways with the Azkals-loaded UFL powerhouse when his two-year contract expires at the end of the current season.
“It is with deep sadness that I announce that I will not be renewing my contract with Kaya FC,” Perkovic said in a statement posted on the team’s website on Thursday.
Perkovic, who replaced Maor Rozen early last year, steered the squad to a fourth-place finish in the last UFL league and is headed to a Top-3 finish in this year’s edition.
He will coach his final match on Thursday against Loyola Meralco in a battle that will determine which squad finishes second and third.
Kaya thanked Perkovic for his services and sheer dedication to the squad during his two-year tenure.
“With his aspiration and determination, Perkovic steered the club and carried out his duties throughout two challenging seasons with a team built on strong veteran leadership combined with a strong foundation of youth —for future success.”
“He embodied our “never say die” attitude naturally, and it was a privilege to be coached by Perkovic,” the separate statement added.
Get more of the latest sports news & updates on SPIN.ph