Sorry, no results found for
    View Today
    Mon, Aug 20

    PFF waiting for Cebu FA final report before taking action on football brawl rivals

    Mar 20, 2014
    The suspensions slapped by the Cebu FA on those involved in the brawl are justified, says PFF president Nonong Araneta. Jerome Ascano

    THE Philippine Football Federation will first study the report of the Cebu Football Association (CFA) on the free-for-all that marred a youth football match in the Visayan capital over the weekend before deciding if further sanctions are necessary.

    “We’re just waiting for their final report,” PFF president Nonong Araneta told Spin.ph on Thursday.

    The CFA on Wednesday cracked the whip on the involved individuals and teams in a brawl in the 16th Aboitiz Cup men’s Under-18 tournament.

    Photos of the unfortunate incident went viral over the weekend.

    The PFF has put its weight behind the decision of the CFA, which suspended nine players and two coaches from Sacred Heart School-Ateneo de Cebu and Alcoy FC, while disqualifying both squads from competing in the ongoing competition.

    So far, the hefty punishments were justified, according to Araneta.

    “We support their decision,” the PFF chief said. “We deplore what happened.”

    Araneta expects the final report when he meets with CFA president Ricky Dakay in a board meeting within the next few days.

    Read Next
    We recommend
    MORE FROM SUMMIT MEDIA
    Sponsored Content
    The suspensions slapped by the Cebu FA on those involved in the brawl are justified, says PFF president Nonong Araneta. Jerome Ascano
  • POLL

    • Quiz

      Quiz Result