THE Philippine Sports Commission vowed to implement 17 programs for six missions in the next five years in line with President Rodrigo Duterte’s goal to make sports a part of the life of Filipinos.
PSC chairman William Ramirez said the agency will embark on missions related to PSC governance, sports awareness, sports accessibility, institutionalization of the Philippine Sports Institute, sports facilities development, and sports linkages.
In order to make the missions a reality, Ramirez spoke with PSC heads where they pinpointed programs during a three-day directional meeting that ended on Thursday at the Hotel Benilde in Manila.
“We have a clearer direction in the next five years and two months,” said Ramirez.
Ramirez assured that the programs will be executed until 2022 where their term as members of the PSC board ends.
“After this meeting, the executive director down to the organizing committee will fine-tune the whole activities. That is why we need this meeting. Baka sumabog kami kapag hindi kami nag-usap,” said Ramirez.
The programs are as follows:
- Institute an improved PSC quality management system.
- Formulate and implement a capacity-building program for PSC human resources
- Improve date banking, information processing, and business solutions of PSC
- Enhance funds sourcing activities
- Establishment of a PSC Public Communications Office
- Creation of publicity and communication interventions across all media platforms
- Promotion of sporting culture across all sectors
- Institution of a support mechanism program to draw families and communities to a culture of fun and play
- Establishment of sports program for drug rehabilitation purposes
- Establishment of grassroots athlete development program
- Establishment of sports education program
- Establishment of high performance sports program
- Strengthening the legal personality and structural foundation/framework of the PSI
- Establishment of a certification, standardization, and accreditation system and body of all types of sports facilities in the Philippines.
- Establishment of international-standard sports training facilities for all types of sports
- Creation of a program on Ambassador of Goodwill in sports at the national level and sustain relationshiops between PSC and LGUs
- Establish and strengthen the Philippines’ bilateral cooperation and agreements with as many countries as possible