Rank Country Gold Silver Bronze Total
    View Today
    Sat, Oct 24

    Romero Duno, Reymart Gaballo set for bigger things this year after impressive KO victories

    Feb 16, 2019
    San Man Promotions CEO JC Mananquil with Romero Duno and Reymart Gaballo.
    PHOTO: Marlo Cueto

    FOR their recent impressive knockout wins, big things are in store for Romero Duno and Reymart Gaballo.

    Duno is being lined for the undercard in the Canelo Alvarez-Daniel Jacobs world middleweight title on May 4 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, while Gaballo could be up for a title fight either against compatriot Nonito Donaire Jr. or Japan's Naoya Inoue for the world bantamweight title.

    The appearance of Duno in the Alvarez-Jacobs undercard remains unclear if it would be a title fight or not, although the 23-year-old fighter nicknamed ‘Ruthless’ said it would be an honor just to fight as part of a big boxing event during the so-called ‘Cinco De Mayo’ date.

    Duno, who sports a 20-1 record with 16 KOs, is being co-promoted by San Man Promotions with Oscar Dela Hoya’s Golden Boy.

    “Yun po ang sabi ng Golden Boy sa Cinco de Mayo sa Las Vegas. Kaya pag uwi po namin sa GenSan, mag-umpisa na kaming mag-ensayo,” he said.

    Continue reading below ↓

    San Man Promotions CEO JC Mananquil, who accompanied Duno, Gaballo and Dave Apolinario at the Mall of Asia Arena during the PBA Philippine Cup game between Rain or Shine and Magnolia, said Duno’s shot at a world title could be expected this year.

    Continue reading below ↓
    Recommended Videos

    “We don’t know yet. Maybe sa May (5), maybe after that. Basta yun ang sabi nila sa amin,” said Mananquil.

    Gaballo, unbeaten in 21 fights including 18 KOs, is the interim WBA bantamweight title holder, and will face either Donaire or Inoue depending on the outcome of their World Boxing Super Series.

    “Mandatory siya to Inoue or Donaire, either of the two. Mandated sila to face Reymart, who is the interim world champion and no. 1 contender,” added Mananquil, who sees the mandatory fight happening in the US.

    Gaballo is co-promoted by San Man with Heavyweight Factory in Miami.

    He is coming off a second round stoppage of Japanese Yuya Nakamura at the Midas Hotel last week.

    Continue reading below ↓

    In the main co-event, Duno also scored a second round demolition of India's Khuldip Dhanda, while Apolinario kept his unbeaten record of 11-0 (7 KOs) following a unanimous decision win over fellow Filipino Romshane Sarguilla.

    The three fighters thanked San Man Promotions, ESPN5 and 1Pacman partylist representative Mikee Romero for making the fight card possible.

    “Cong Mikee (Romero) is very supportive sa mga boxers namin. So Lahat ng kailangan sa last boxing card namin, he was the main big reason kung kaya natuloy ito,” stressed Mananquil.

    Read Next
    Sorry, no results found for
    San Man Promotions CEO JC Mananquil with Romero Duno and Reymart Gaballo.
    PHOTO: Marlo Cueto
  • POLL

    • Quiz

      Quiz Result