Rank Country Gold Silver Bronze Total
    View Today
    Fri, Sep 18

    Nonito Donaire Jr. out to prove he's not yet damaged goods as he makes ring return in undercard of Nietes title fight

    Mar 26, 2015
    Nonito Donaire has lost two of his last four fights, including a devastating TKO at the hands of Nicholas Walters last year, but he is eager to get back on track. Czeasar Dancel 

    FORMER world champion Nonito Donaire Jr. claimed he’s hardly affected by his devastating loss to Jamaican Nicholas Walters the last time.

    And the proof of the pudding comes Saturday when the 32-year-old Filipino returns to the ring and battles William Prado of Brazil in his comeback fight as a super-bantamweight.

    Donaire will be going to the 12-round fight at the historic Araneta Coliseum still smarting from a sixth round technical knockout loss against Walters in their World Boxing Association super-featherweight title fight last November, marking the first time he lost a fight by knockout.

    But the former Fighter of the Year (2012) said he has already moved on and ready to ‘reinvent himself’.

    “There’s so many question in the air, people thought I was done,” Donaire said on Thursday during the formal press conference for ‘Pinoy Pride 30: D-Day’ boxing card, which features him in the main undercard of Donnie Nietes’ World Boxing Organization junior flyweight title fight against Gilberto Parra of Mexico.

    Continue reading below ↓

    “I was never haunted by that defeat (against Walters). It never had any negative effect on my brain. That last fight motivated me to get even better.”

    Continue reading below ↓
    Recommended Videos
    Read Next
    Sorry, no results found for
    Nonito Donaire has lost two of his last four fights, including a devastating TKO at the hands of Nicholas Walters last year, but he is eager to get back on track. Czeasar Dancel 
  • POLL

    • Quiz

      Quiz Result