Sorry, no results found for
    View Today
    Tue, Aug 14

    No plan from Bob Arum to contest bum verdict

    Jun 10, 2012
    Bob Arum, right, feels nothing will come out of a protest before Nevada boxing officials. Gerry Ramos

    LAS VEGAS – Despite the outrage at the way the scoring went in Manny Pacquiao’s loss to Timothy Bradley, Top Rank boss Bob Arum has no plan to question the outcome before the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

    The 80-year-old promoter is resigned to the thought that nothing will come out of a protest before the body that regulates all contests and exhibitions of unarmed combat within the state of Nevada.

     “Let’s be honest about it, I have as much chance winning a protest and challenging President Obama’s birth certificate,” said the veteran boxing man.  “So why go through the effort?”

    Just like the majority of the fans, Arum felt the biggest star in his stable was robbed of a clear victory by two of the three judges who worked the bout.

    The Top Rank official was so certain of a Pacquiao victory that he did not even bother to listen to Michael Buffer when he announced the scores.

    “Everybody in that ring was talking the same way, ‘Nice effort, Bradley, but Pacquiao just fought a great fight’. Nobody was even listening to the score. It was so far from anybody’s thought,” he said.

    Arum admitted the controversial ending would only tarnish the sport and stressed that the issue was no longer about him or Pacquiao.

     “What we just saw tonight was ridiculous. That’s the only way to describe it,” said Arum.

    Read Next
    We recommend
    MORE FROM SUMMIT MEDIA
    Sponsored Content
    Bob Arum, right, feels nothing will come out of a protest before Nevada boxing officials. Gerry Ramos
  • POLL

    • Quiz

      Quiz Result