Bob Arum now working on Pacquiao-Horn II to be held in Sydney or Brisbane
Manny Pacquiao earlier said the fight against Jeff Horn last month was his last under Top Rank but now Bob Arum is setting up the rematch between the two. AP

BOB Arum is now working on setting the stage for a rematch between Manny Pacquiao and Jeff Horn for the World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight title this November.

The Top Rank Promoter was officially told by the 38-year-old boxing great he is not about to hang his gloves yet and instead, wants another shot at Horn.

[See Jeff Horn eyes Pacquiao grudge match to prove controversial win was no fluke]

The reigning champion from Australia stunned the boxing world a month ago by scoring a unanimous decision against Pacquiao.

The second chapter of the Pacquiao-Horn fight is being eyed this November and could either be held in Sydney or Melbourne in Australia.

"Manny doesn't want to retire. He wants the rematch, so we are going to do the rematch," said Arum as told to Dan Rafael of ESPN.

"Manny told me he wants to do the rematch.

Arum said the date of the fight still depends on Pacquiao's availability from his work in the Senate that would allow him to train and face Horn in the ring again.

"Now we are looking for the window that satisfies the Senate. We need to see when they have a recess," he stressed.

Pacquiao, who is also a Senator, and Horn engaged in a bloody and entertaining fight before a record crowd of 51,000 at the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane in what many thought the legendary Filipino fighter won. But the three judges saw it otherwise, scoring it 117-111, 115-113, 115-113.

The result was heavily met with criticism, prompting the WBO to have the fight reviewed by five neutral judges. The outcome still have Horn winning the fight.

Pacquiao however, has a contractual right to have a rematch which the eight-time world division champion is exercising.

"Once I have an answer from the Senate when they have their recess, I will go to my partner in Australia (Duco Events) and we will figure out where we're going to do the fight," said Arum.

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

Same as the July 2 bout, the rematch will be carried anew by ESPN, according to Arum.

"We wil see if the date (of the fight) is in accord with the network's schedule. But we'll do the fight again with our partners at ESPN," he said.

 

 

 

 

Follow the writer on Twitter: @gerardmos