Manny Pacquiao remains upbeat fight with Floyd Mayweather will push through
Manny Pacquiao says he expects the megafight to push through. Jerome Ascano

DESPITE the conflicting reports that had been coming out about his projected mega-bout with Floyd Mayweather Jr., Manny Pacquiao remained upbeat that everything will fall in place come May 2.

“Tuloy yan,” was the Filipino boxing icon’s curt reply when asked if he feels nothing will come out of the current negotiations to have the fight finally happen five years since it was first broached.

Pacquiao’s statement came a day after Mayweather Jr. denied in a courtside interview during the NBA All-Star Game in New York that a deal has already been sealed between him and Pacquiao.

“That’s not true. I haven’t signed yet and he hasn’t signed yet,” said the 37-year-old unbeaten American.

[See Who's to blame for Pacquiao-Mayweather snafu?]

Mayweather made the denial following a report made by The Telegraph in London about Pacquiao already signing the fight contract expected to be worth $250 million.

Pacquiao arrived in Manila on Monday morning from General Santos City and initially planned to drop by the Philippine Sportswriters Association (PSA) Annual Awards Night at 1Esplanade in Pasay City.

But he failed to come to the event owing his many visitors in a rare appearance in Congress.

The eigh-time world boxing champion also showed up for KIA Motors practice prior to a game against Purefoods on Wednesday.

Follow the writer on Twitter: @gerardmos