Pacquiao on elusive Mayweather: 'Hindi ko na alam kung ano pa ibang dahilan n'ya'
“(Ibinibigay ko na lahat ng gusto ni Floyd Mayweather) para lang matuloy ang fight. Wala naman akong pride sa sarili ko (para magmatigas pa),” says Manny Pacquiao. Jerome Ascano

IT appears Manny Pacquiao has Floyd Mayweather Jr. cornered.

The Filipino boxing superstar said he’s agreed to all the demands laid down by Mayweather Jr. as proof he’s more than willing to do the mega-fight the world has long been waiting for.

Now, everything else seems to be in the hands of the unbeaten American.

“Hindi problema sa akin ang demands niya para lang matuloy ang fight. Alam ko naman excited ang mga fans especially ang mga kababayan natin,” said the 36-year-old Pacquiao.

Pacquiao has initially agreed to a 60-40 split in the prize purse and then also consented to Mayweather’s request to hold the 12-round match on May 2 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

The eight-time world division champion also consented for both fighters to undergo drug testing, a component that became a major bone of contention in previous failed negotiations for the fight.

“Wala akong problema sa fight purse, kung ano desisyon ng promoter ko, dun ako,” he said.

“(Ibinibigay ko na lahat ng gusto ni Mayweather) para lang matuloy ang fight. Wala naman akong pride sa sarili ko (para magmatigas pa).”

According to reports, rival sports cable networks Showtime and HBO are also discussing a possible joint venture of the highly-anticipated fight expected to go down as the richest in boxing history.

The two networks previously worked together in 2002 to air the heavyweight title match between Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson.

Mayweather currently headlines Showtime, while Pacquiao has long been identified with HBO.

For now, Pacquiao said his camp is on a standby for Mayweather’s next move.

“Hindi ko na alam kung ano pa ang ibang dahilan niya, pero hintayin na lang natin,” said Pacquiao.

“Antayin na lang natin yung resulta ng desisyon nila, hindi ko pa rin nakakausap si Bob Arum,” added the reigning World Boxing Council (WBC) welterweight title holder.

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

But Pacquiao is keeping his fingers crossed a decision will be made hopefully by month’s end that a major announcement would be made by both HBO and Showtime.

“Hindi ko masabi kung ilang percent (nang tuloy ang laban). Basta kami willing kami noon pa. Siguro by the last week of January may ma-announce na tayo kung sino ang makakalaban natin,” Pacquiao said.

Follow the writer on Twitter: @snowbadua