JOHN Vincent Moralde will be the next Filipino fighter to take his act to Las Vegas as he faces Alexis del Bosque of Mexico in another boxing card promoted by Top Rank.
Moralde and Del Bosque tangle in an eight-round, closed-door fight at lightweight on Thursday at ‘The Bubble’ inside the MGM Grand Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada (Friday, Manila time).
The 26-year-old Moralde, holder of a 23-3 record with 13 KOs, is the third boxer from Sanman Promotions to see action in a Top Rank fight card the past four weeks.
Mike Plania got the ball rolling with a majority decision upset of top bantamweight prospect Joshua Greer, before stablemate Mark Bernaldez lost a unanimous decision against undefeated American Albert Bell.
Another Filipino in Reymond Yanong also saw action in recent weeks, scoring a split in his two fights. He beat Clay Burns of the US via split decision, but suffered a first round stoppage against Genaro Gomez.
Moralde, now based in General Santos City, is coming off a knockout win over Matias Arriagada in December.
The Sanman boxer said it is an even matchup against Del Bosque.
“We have similar records,” he said of his Mexican foe, who has a record of 17-5 and nine KOs.
“This is an important fight at this stage of my career and I don’t want to spoil the chance. I want to bring home another win.”
Moralde, Plania, Bernaldez, and other Sanman fighters had been holed up in Miami, Florida since February training under Cuban Osmiri ‘Moro’ Fernandez.
“I have been grinding in the gym all these times and have been staying ready,” Moralde added. “Thanks to my team for giving me this opportunity. I am so lucky to book a fight in the midst of this crisis.”