LOS ANGELES – Whether it would be against Timothy Bradley or somebody else, Manny Pacquiao is looking forward to a return to the ring five months from now.
"Sa November na. Kahit sino pa yan," said the 33-year-old Filipino, who remains one of boxing's top draws despite losing his world welterweight title in a widely protested decision against American Tim Bradley.
Speaking a day after his return to the City of Angels from Las Vegas, Pacquiao said he will leave it up to his promoter Bob Arum to pick the most bankable fight, with no specific instructions for a Bradley rematch.
The fight contract has a rematch clause in the event of a Pacquiao loss and an eager Bradley, sensing a bigger payday than the US$5 million he earned for the last fight, has even chosen a date – November 10 – for the grudge clash.
Arum, however, stressed that no second fight will take place until the Nevada Attorney General's Office makes a formal inquiry into the way Saturday’s (Sunday, Manila time) fight was scored. He formally filed the request on Monday.
But as far as Pacquiao is concerned, the controversial fight that had been labeled as boxing’s “darkest hour” is a thing of the past and it's time to move on.
"Kalimutan na natin at tanggapin," stressed Pacquiao. "Let's all be humble."