Sorry, no results found for
    View Today
    Mon, Jul 23

    Day of reckoning for Red Lions as NCAA probe team set to rule on 'larong labas' case

    Nov 4, 2013

    THE NCAA is set to make a decision on the 'larong labas' issue involving San Beda guard Ryusei Koga on Tuesday following a meeting by the task force formed to look into the case on Monday.

    The six-man body continued its investigation on the allegation that Koga played in another league last September 17 while the men’s basketball tournament was ongoing in obvious violation of league rules.

    “By tomorrow, I think we can wrap things up and we can give a statement,” management committee chair Dax Castellano told Spin.ph over the phone shortly after the meeting.

    “Adjourn lang ang meeting ngayon pero mag-uusap bukas ulit.”

    Since last week, the Mancom has been deeply verifying the video evidence and other proof presented before the body and conducting due process.

    Castellano, however, refused to say which school among the 10 member teams presented the video or if there was a formal protest at all.

    On Monday, the College of St. Benilde representative did not provide any specifics on what transpired during their latest meeting.

    Aside from Castellano, Jose Rizal University's Paul Supan and Peter Cayco of Arellano were among the members of the six-man task force present.

    “I can’t give details as of the moment because it might affect the investigation,” Castellano said.

    If proven guilty, Koga will be meted with a three-game suspension while the top-seeded Red Lions will forfeit four won games where the controversial guard played.

    Such  a development will drop the three-time defending champion to the No. 4 seeding and would need to beat archrival Letran twice for a return trip to the finals.

    Continue reading below ↓
    Read Next
    We recommend
    MORE FROM SUMMIT MEDIA
    Sponsored Content
  • POLL

    • Quiz

      Quiz Result