IT was a fitting end to the most storied rivalry in Philippine basketball when Ateneo and La Salle pushed each other to the limit in the UAAP Season 80 men’s basketball tournament finals.
The Blue Eagles ended a five-year title drought by winning a fiercely fought, three-game final, in the process exacting revenge over a La Salle side that beat them in last year's title series.
In a poignant final scene, the victors celebrate on center court while the vanquished licked their wounds on the sidelines.
But no matter which side they were on, the players had their lovely girlfriends who stood by them to either give a hug for a job well done - or provide comfort in the face of sorrow.
These ladies stood by their men.
1. Mikki Cortes and her ‘champ’ Anton Asistio
2. Rhiana Parr was there to celebrate with Jolo Mendoza
3. Bianca Matanguihan was extremely proud of Matt Nieto
4. Alexandrea Enciso wore an Ateneo No. 8 jersey for Aaron Black
5. Andrea Coronel and her ‘idol’ Aljun Melecio
6. Desiree Cheng sported a La Salle #15 jersey to show her support for Kib Montalbo and of course a hug after the game
7. Double celebration for Mike Nieto and his girlfriend Aimee Lontok
Meanwhile, Ateneo hero Isaac Go, Finals MVP Thirdy Ravena and La Salle star Ricci Rivero are among the eligible bachelors in the finals.
Or at least that's as far as we know.