Sorry, no results found for
    View Today
    Fri, Jul 20

    Warriors' decision to go all-Indonesian clears way for Stanley Pringle's move to PBA

    Jul 5, 2014

    THE Indonesia Warriors have confirmed that Stanley Pringle is no longer part of their Asean Basketball League team and is free from any contractual obligations, clearing the way for the Fil-American guard's entry in the next PBA rookie draft.

    “Stanley Pringle is no longer part of our team,” Warriors team manager Rudolf Tulus confirmed to Spin.ph.

    Pringle had been one of the stars of the team for the past two seasons, helping lead the Warriors to a championship and a runner-up finish under now San Miguel consultant Todd Purves.

    The six-foot former Penn State guard was earlier believed to be in the final year of a three-year contract with the Warriors, but Tulus' pronouncement means Pringle is free to make the jump to the PBA where he is expected to be the top pick of next season's rookie draft.

    Tulus said Warriors team owner Erick Thohir has decided not to bring in any Asean imports this season to give upcoming Indonesian players the chance to shine.

    “We will not use any Asean import for this season. It will be an all-Indonesian team for us (Warriors),” added the top lieutenant of Indonesian tycoon Thohir, who is also a part owner of the Philadelphia 76ers.

    “This season, we want to give more minutes to our young talents because the team itself will consists of a lot of young players from Indonesia,” he said.

    “The average age of our team is around 20 to 23 years old,” Tulus said while rattling off the names of last season’s top locals Dodo and Arki who will now lead the charge for the Warriors.

    Continue reading below ↓

    Tulus said Pringle was informed of the team’s new direction a long time ago.

    “Actually we no longer have any contract with Stanley Pringle. So we don’t have any more issues with whatever decision he will next make for his career,” he said.

    Meanwhile, Pringle's former teammate and back-up at Indonesia Warriors, Jerick Cañada, said he believes the high-scoring guard has long been interested in joining the PBA draft.

    “Sabi niya sa akin last month, magpapa-draft nga daw siya. Interesado siya. Sabay pa nga kaming nag-training sa SGS gym,” said Cañada, who described Pringle as a "more explosive" version of Talk 'N Text guard Jayson Castro.

    The former Adamson guard said he has heard that Pringle has been receiving offers to play in Europe, but felt the 27 year old has made up his mind to play in the PBA.

    “Nag-ayos na nga siya ng dokumento eh," he said.

    Read Next
    We recommend
    MORE FROM SUMMIT MEDIA
    Sponsored Content
  • POLL

    • Quiz

      Quiz Result