TNT KaTropa and GlobalPort are looking at a reworked deal after a four-player trade proposal involving brooding superstar Terrence Romeo and former first pick overall Mo Tautuaa was rejected by the PBA Commissioner's Office.
League sources confirmed on Thursday that a deal that was supposed to bring Romeo and Bradwyn Guinto to TNT in exchange for Tautuaa and Alfrancis Tamsi was nixed by a PBA committee tasked by new commissioner Willie Marcial to review trade proposals.
The Philippine Star's Nelson Beltran first wrote about the trade proposal that was forwarded to the PBA just before the trade deadline last month.
League sources revealed the committee, which also included legal counsel Melvin Mendoza, technical supervisor Eric Castro, Mauro Bengua and Rose Teotico, deemed the trade proposal 'unfair' to GlobalPort in a recommendation passed to Marcial.
The committee, sources said, felt TNT needed to add 'a solid guard' or a promising big man to the deal before it could be approved.
However, that doesn't mean the deal is dead.
Speaking on the condition that he will not ne named, a TNT official said they are still looking to push through with a revised deal, even if it means giving up another player.
However, finding one more player to add to the deal won't be easy for TNT.
The KaTropa have already given up their first-round draft pick in 2018 in the Jericho Cruz and they are reluctant to part with their first-round pick in 2019 since 'it's too far down the road.'