THE Meralco team on Sunday lauded the efforts of the Mall of Asia Arena management for finally pinpointing the suspect in the robbery that took place inside the Bolts' locker room during their PBA Philippine Cup game against Globalport last month.
But only until the suspect is arrested will team management make the necessary actions.
“We’ll analyze first our course of action,” said PBA board vice-chairman and Meralco team representative Mon Segismundo prior to the Bolts’ game against the Petron Blaze on Sunday at the same playing venue in Pasay.
“But we already want to put a closure to this. We extend our heartfelt thanks to management of MOA Arena for its effort to solve the matter.”
Both Meralco management and the PBA had already been furnished a copy of the suspect’s image as viewed in the Arena's CCTV camera. Although there is only one suspect caught in the CCTV monitor, the league is not discounting the possibility of cohorts involved.
Executives of both MOA and the league, however, refused to reveal the identity of the suspect pending his arrest.
“At least that’s good news before our game,” said Segismundo. “Although as I’ve said, the team already wants to move on."
Personal belongings of the Meralco coaching staff were the ones taken away, although coach Ryan Gregorio was the biggest casualty after he lost his iPhone, iPad and cash during the robbery - all of which have been replaced by MOA management.