SAN Miguel has confirmed the entry of Devon Scott as its new import for the PBA Commissioner’s Cup, replacing Diamond Stone.
Team manager Gee Abanilla said Scott is now in the country to join the team’s practices in time for their game against Converge on Friday.
See June Mar Fajardo-Liu Chuanxing showdown will have to wait
Listed at 6-foot-9, Scott played college at Dayton and Philander Smith before going overseas for his professional career where he suited up in Canada, Brazil, Israel, and Dominican Republic.
Scott has already played in Asia, seeing action for Incheon in the Korean Basketball League last year.
The 28-year-old Scott will be the Beermen’s third import after they were forced to replace their first choice Thomas Robinson due to a back injury prior to the Commissioner’s Cup.
Robinson was put into the team’s injured list, opening up the possibility for his return. In fact, San Miguel coach Leo Austria said the team is not discounting the possibility of Robinson's comeback as he is keeping in touch with the team.
Stone averaged 24.3 points, 11.7 rebounds, and 3.3 assists in three games with San Miguel as Robinson’s replacement, but the Beermen made the decision to make the change.
Get more of the latest sports news & updates on SPIN.ph