Sorry, no results found for
    View Today
    Fri, Sep 21

    Rookie Matthew Wright forced to miss Phoenix debut due to food poisoning

    Nov 23, 2016
    According to his agent, Phoenix rookie Matthew Wright ate lechon at a fastfood chain and soon became dizzy and started vomiting shortly after.

    ROOKIE Matthew Wright had an inauspicious start to his PBA career after failing to suit up for Phoenix in its PBA Philippine Cup debut Wednesday night.

    Phoenix management said food poisoning forced the highly-touted Fil-Canadian guard to miss the Fuel Masters’ 94-87 win loss to Blackwater at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.

    Wright reportedly ate lechon at a fastfood chain and soon became dizzy and started vomiting shortly after.

    “Na-food poison,” admitted Marvin Espiritu, who represents Wright. “But he’s now resting at home. Hopefully he’ll be more careful the next time.”

    Espiritu said the 25-year-old Wright would have had a lot of fun playing the game as it features fellow Fil-Canadians such as good friends Norbert Torres and James Forrester.

    “Puro mga kalaro niya sa Canada ang mga yan. Sayang nga e,” he added.

    Read Next
    We recommend
    MORE FROM SUMMIT MEDIA
    Sponsored Content
    According to his agent, Phoenix rookie Matthew Wright ate lechon at a fastfood chain and soon became dizzy and started vomiting shortly after.
  • POLL

    • Quiz

      Quiz Result