DON'T look for Robert Bolick to be back for NorthPort when the PBA Philippine Cup plays inside the Clark bubble.
The fit-again guard has been left out by the Batang Pier in their official line up for the season restart as a precaution after recently recovering from an ACL injury.
NorthPort team manager Bonnie Tan confirmed the development on Friday.
"We don't want to take the risk," said Tan.
Management and coaching staff talked out to the 25-year-old Bolick, who had a sensational rookie season last year, and the sophomore guard understands the situation.
Renowned orthopedic Dr. Raul Canlas also did his share and advise Bolick to continue his strengthening condition.
"We talked to Dr. Canlas and that's also his recommendation for Robert," said Tan.
Bolick already joined the Batang Pier in their daily workouts after being given clearance by doctors that he can already start practicing.
But lack of scrimmages and 5-on-5 games on his part might not be good for him to play outright this conference.
"Ayaw din naman namin siya na biglain," said Tan.
Bolick went down with the injury in the middle of the Governors Cup and immediately underwent surgery that sidelined him for 10 months.
Still, even in his absence, the Batang Pier made it all the way to the semifinals of the season-ending meet after stunning twice-to-beat and no. 1 seed NLEX in the quarterfinals.
But with a depleted lineup that also saw Jonathan Grey and Bradwyn Guinto joining Bolick in the sidelines, NorthPort lost to eventual champion Barangay Ginebra Kings in their best-of-five series, 3-1.