Sorry, no results found for
    View Today
    Tue, Jul 17

    'Prodigal son' returns as Rabeh Al-Hussaini set to sign new contract with Meralco

    Aug 8, 2015

    MERALCO'S 'prodigal son' is truly back.

    Head coach Norman Black has confirmed that Rabeh Al-Hussaini is set to sign a new contract with the Bolts, setting the stage for his PBA comeback after a prolonged absence.

    "We're signing him to a new contract," said Black, who for the last two weeks has been holding one-on-one training sessions with his former big man at Ateneo prior to the start of Meralco's training camp.

    The 6-7 Fil-Kuwaiti was still under contract at Meralco when he left for his father's homeland in May of last year, supposedly to fit his citizenship papers. He ended up staying for a much longer period.

    That contract is set to expire at the end of August, but Black said the Bolts will be giving the former Rookie of the Year a new deal in the hope that he could revive his PBA career. 

    [See Rabeh Al-Hussaini set for PBA comeback, Black reunion]

    Al-Hussaini is now set to bolster a new-look Meralco frontline that saw the arrival of Kelly Nabong in a trade late last season and is expected to get bigger through the PBA rookie draft on August 23.

    The Bolts own the fourth and seventh picks in the first round.

    "We will be bigger (next season)," said Black. "Not as big as the other teams, but we'll have more size in there."

    The Bolts' backcourt has also received an upgrade with the arrival of Jimmy Alapag, who has come out of retirement to join the team in a three-team trade that was approved by the league on Friday.

    Continue reading below ↓

    [See Asi Taulava on Alapag comeback: 'I was hoping he would join me at NLEX']

    Read Next
    We recommend
    MORE FROM SUMMIT MEDIA
    Sponsored Content
  • POLL

    • Quiz

      Quiz Result