Chris Banchero ready to reciprocate Alaska faith, bares intention to stay with Aces
Chris Banchero signed just a one-year deal with Alaska in his rookie year. Jerome Ascano

EXPIREE Chris Banchero said the feeling is mutual with Alaska.

The Fil-Italian guard is also looking forward to re-signing with the Aces, hopefully under a deal longer than the one-year contract he had with the franchise in his rookie season.

“Hopefully, Alaska signs me back,” said Banchero before leaving for the US for an offseason break.

Despite twice falling short of winning a championship with the Aces, Banchero said there’s no question about his willingness to have another tour of duty with the team.

“Yeah of course, I would love to be back here,” said the 26-year-old guard selected No. 5 overall by Alaska in last year’s Rookie Draft.

Team manager Dickie Bachmann earlier said management is ready to offer the 6-foot-1 Banchero out of Seattle Pacific, a new contract once he returns from his vacation on August 20.

[See Alaska out to keep core intact, works on new deals for Banchero, Jazul, Manuel]

As per his Twitter account @ChrisBanchero, the Alaska stalwart is still vacationing in Paris.

“We’re ready to negotiate with him,” Bachmann said of Banchero, who he added is now being handled by an American representative.

“He might bring with him his US agent. So we told him to settle your agent first and then we’ll start negotiating,” stressed the Alaska executive.

Banchero was a key back-up to playmaker JV Casio at the Alaska backcourt and had a major role in the Aces’ runner-up finishes to San Miguel in both the Philippine Cup and Governors Cup finals.

During the season-ending meet, he was the lone Alaska player to contend for the Best Player of the Conference award won by San Miguel’s June Mar Fajardo.

He is one of three Aces still to be re-signed by the team along with RJ Jazul and Vic 'The Muscle Man' Manuel.

Follow the writer on Twitter: @gerardmos