JAYSON Castro declined from issuing any more comments regarding the offseason drama at TNT KaTropa that led to the departure of Terrence Romeo.
The longtime franchise player was inevitably dragged into the mess amid the falling-out between Romeo and TNT, with a number of reports linking him to an alleged petition by a group of players seeking the flamboyant guard's head.
However, the four-time Best Player of the Conference winner only held his hands up and politely excused himself when asked what really went down, saying he'd rather keep his focus on the KaTropa's campaign in the 2019 PBA Philippine Cup.
"I think yung lineup namin ngayon, confident naman ako na okay kami," he said on Monday.
Coming off a forgettable run last year, TNT has undergone a drastic facelift and brought in Brian Heruela and David Semerad from San Miguel as well as Michael Miranda from NLEX via trades as it aims to reclaim its place among the league elite.
Castro admitted it will take time for this rejigged group to get its act together under coach Bong Ravena and team consultant Mark Dickel.
Castro insisted Romeo's departure doesn't mean he's bound to take more shots for TNT, saying Ravena and Dickel employ a system of equal opportunity for all.
"Kung mapapansin niyo, ang daming new guys sa amin, even sa coaching staff. Yung offense na nira-run namin, equal opportunity para sa lahat," the 32-year-old guard out of Philippine Christian University said.
"Dapat hindi lang ako at ibang mga beterano. Kailangan din naming ma-involve ang mga new guys dahil ang dami naming potential scorers dito. Kayang umiskor nila Roger (Pogoy) and (Don) Trollano, and yung mga bago din.
"Ang importante, naa-adapt na nila 'yung culture at yung system ni coach Mark dahil for us na makapunta sa dating kami, dapat lahat kami gagawa, hindi lang ako. Hopefully, ito na yung tamang formula para makapasok ulit kami sa playoffs at maging contender ulit kami."