JAMES Yap is thrilled to become a father again and it doesn’t matter if his baby with current partner Michela Cazzola will be a boy or a girl.
“Kahit ano, basta healthy 'yung baby,” said the Star Hotshots franchise player briefly in between answering questions from fans as the featured player in the PBA #Tweetsmisan on Friday during halftime of the Blackwater-Meralco Commissioner’s Cup game.
Cazzola, an Italian national, is five months on the family way. She is scheduled to give birth by July or August.
Yap said Michela will undergo an ultrasound on Saturday to determine the gender of the baby.
Asked by a fan how it feels to become a father again, the two-time league MVP said, "Excited, happy." Numerous congratulatory messages also poured in for Yap during the 10-minute question and answer portion on Twitter.
The 34-year-old gunner has a son and namesake with ex-wife, actress and TV personality Kris Aquino, and another in a previous relationship.
Other interesting subject Yap answere include:
* His take on Terrence Romeo: ‘Magaling na 1-on-1 player
* What’s his shoe size; ‘15’
* On when son Bimby (James) will watch him again play live: ‘Pag pwede na sa schedule’
* Math or science: ‘Math’
* Steph Curry or Lebron James: ‘Lebron’
* Favorite Pinoy food: ‘Biko’
* On his advice for rookie players: ‘Work hard and don’t relax’