;
Rank Country Gold Silver Bronze Total

DeQuan Jones set for second surgery a week after horror injury

NLEX import going under the knife anew
1 Hour ago
undefined
NLEX officials continue to be in full support of DeQuan Jones in his recovery from a horror injury
PHOTO: NLEX Road Warriors

AFTER more than a week, NLEX import DeQuan Jones is set to undergo a second operation for the fractured fibula he suffered in the Road Warriors’ PBA 50th Season Governors’ Cup game against TNT.

Jones, 36, will have the surgery on Friday at the Cardinal Santos Memorial Hospital.

DeQuan’s father, Clady Jones, arrived in the country on Thursday to give his son much-needed moral support after the horrible injury Tuesday of last week at the Ynares Center in Antipolo.

NLEX's DeQuan Jones

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW ↓

The younger Jones was already operated on a day after going down, with his dislocated ankle being put back in place.

The swelling on his fractured fibula, however, first needed to subside before a final surgery was to be performed.

NLEX all-out support

NLEX management led by governor Ronald Dulatre and consultant Virgil Villavicencio, Jimmy Alapag and his coaching staff, players, and the rest of the team visited the amiable import while still confined in the hospital.

“We definitely missed you out there. Hoping for your speedy recovery,” said Alapag. “We know God’s got you, so we’ll continue to pray for you. Excited to see you back on the floor, you know, months down the road. But know just got nothing but love and respect for you.”

Jones will approximately need three to four months to fully recover from the twin surgeries - and then a few more doing recovery and rehabilitation.

CONTINUE READING BELOW ↓
Watch Now

Dulatre said the import will have his rehab back in the U.S.

“Mas gusto niya doon kasi para kasama na rin ang family niya,” the NLEX executive said.

Even playing minus Jones early in the third quarter onwards, the Road Warriors battled the Tropang 5G toe-to-toe, eventually pulling off an emotional 118-111 win in overtime.

That allowed NLEX to remain on top of Group A with a 7-2 record, in a tie with San Miguel heading into the long conference break.

READ: NLEX names former Sacramento King Burton as import replacement

Out for the rest of the conference, Jones will be replaced by former NBA player Deonte Burton.

Get more of the latest sports news & updates on SPIN.ph

NOTICE ON UNAUTHORIZED AND UNLAWFUL USE, PUBLICATION, AND/OR DISSEMINATION OF SPIN.PH CONTENT: Please be notified that any unauthorized and unlawful use, publication, and/or dissemination of Spin.ph’s content and/or materials is a direct violation of its legal and exclusive rights to the same, and shall be subject to appropriate legal action/s.

Read Next
Watch Now
Sorry, no results found for
NLEX officials continue to be in full support of DeQuan Jones in his recovery from a horror injury
PHOTO: NLEX Road Warriors
  • POLL

    • Quiz

      Quiz Result