ARWIND Santos is happy to know that Chris Lutz will soon be healthy and playing again. Never mind if the two of them now belong to separate teams.
Santos and Lutz parted ways on Monday when the Fil-American guard agreed to play for Meralco after being picked from the PBA unrestricted free agent list.
The deal ended Lutz's stint with the team that selected him third overall during the 2011 rookie draft and where he helped win three championships.
Although a bit saddened seeing the 31-year-old Lutz go, Santos said it was more important to know that Lutz is healthy again and ready to go.
"Masaya ako na nakabalik na siya at makapaglalaro muli na ibig sabihin gumaling na siya sa kanyang injury," said the veteran forward on Tuesday.
"Masaya ako para sa kanya kahit na magkalaban na kami (ngayon)."
A back injury has forced Lutz out of action since last year's Commissioner's Cup. He has sought treatment in the US and just came back to the country recently.
Santos, 35, said he'll always cherish the experience of playing with Lutz in the past, through good times and bad.
In parting, the former Far Eastern University King Tamaraw even left the door open for him and Lutz playing together again under one team.
"Maliit lang naman ang mundo ng PBA. Di mo masabi kahit nasa ibang team na siya baka kinabukasan teammate na naman namin siya di ba?" said the veteran power forward.