ELIGIBLE to play only one of Team Pilipinas’ two remaining matches in the Asia qualifying for the Fiba World Cup, Roger Pogoy is determined to give it all he’s got.
Pogoy is eyeing a return to the national squad after a five-game ban for his part in the brawl during the Philippines-Australia match last year in Bulacan. The ban will be served out after the game against Qatar, which means he will be able to suit up in the match against Kazakhstan on February 24.
“Nakabalik ako sa Gilas pagkatapos noong nangyari last year. Sobrang saya ko na nakabalik na ako,” said Pogoy.
Pogoy said he is determined to play his role as a defensive player.
“Alam ko naman ‘yung role ko dito, maging defensive player. ‘Yun naman ang role ko talaga kung bakit ako kinuha nila coach Yeng. Siguro gagawin ko lang ‘yung role ko. Paninindigan ko ‘yun,” said Pogoy.
The TNT guard also vowed to contribute during the lead-up for the sixth window even in practice.
“Sa practice na lang siguro, siguro nasa scouting team ako. Kailangan kasi ng ganyan. Siguro mag-scouting muna ako para ma-run ‘yung play ng Qatar,” said Pogoy.