CHRIS Bosh’s career with the Miami Heat seem to be over according to team president Pat Riley in an interview on Monday (Tuesday, Manila time).
"I think Chris is still open-minded. But we are not working toward his return. We feel that, based on the last exam, that his Heat career is probably over," Riley told Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
The Heat announced last week that the 11-time All-Star was not medically cleared to participate in the team’s training camp.
Sources said the 32-year old power forward’s blood clotting condition that has prevented him from playing the past two seasons could be the cause.
If Bosh is unable to play, the Heat can petition the NBA to remove the $75 million they owe Bosh from their salary cap with Bosh still getting paid. If the Heat releases Bosh via a medical waiver and he plays for another team, Bosh’s salary will be counted against the salary cap for the next three seasons.
This latest development did not deter Bosh, who went to Twitter to reiterate his desire to play for the team which he helped win two NBA titles.
"Setbacks may happen, but my intentions remain the same. Thank you all for the warm wishes and support."