CHRIS Bosh always knew his days in the NBA are far from done. And on Monday (Tuesday, Manila time), six months after a recurrence of his blood clot issues got him sidelined for the second straight season, the Miami Heat forward showed proof.
Bosh took to social media on Monday, posting a series of videos showing his offseason training. His wife also posted another video that featured the 11-time All-Star doing ballhandling drills.
I got it on a string ???? pic.twitter.com/kfkghoOPha— Chris Bosh (@chrisbosh) August 29, 2016
“I know I’ve been gone for a moment, but now I’m back,” said Bosh in one of the videos before heading to his workouts.
“Everybody is always asking me, ‘Am I hooping? Yes I’m hooping. Absolutely. I’m a hooper,” he added.
The 32-year-old Bosh has been working out even as early as last season’s playoffs, pressuring the Heat to take him back in the roster at the time after leaving Miami’s lineup at the February All-Star break due to recurring blood clots. But both sides agreed to tackle the matter in the offseason.
However, no official statement remains on the status of Bosh with the Heat team that has radically changed after free agency departures by Dwyane Wade, Luol Deng, and Joe Johnson. Heat President Pat Riley has said last month that they will reevaluate Bosh’s situation by late August or September, before training camp opens on September 27.
An ESPN.com report, though, said that Bosh is fully focused on his workouts to be medically cleared to rejoin the team in time for training camp.
Should Bosh be deemed unfit to continue his NBA career for health reasons, he will still get the remainder of his five-year deal signed in 2014 — around $76 million with three seasons left — but would not count against Miami’s salary cap.