MACAU – ALLEIN Maliksi opted to keep mum following the penalties handed down by Fiba over the Gilas Pilipinas-Australia Boomers brawl in a Fiba World Cup Asian qualifier earlier this month.
Maliksi was spared from penalties following a disciplinary hearing by Fiba which on Thursday handed out suspensions on 13 players - 10 from the Philippines and three from Australia - as well as two Gilas coaches.
Maliksi said he can no longer comment on the issue, citing a gag order issued by Gilas management days after the incident.
“I can't comment about that issue anymore kasi syempre, pinagsabihan na kami na if there's any more questions and interviews about that, parang pabayaan na lang namin yung issue,” he said.
SBP officials also declined comment on Maliksi, who is one of four Gilas players - the others are June Mar Fajardo, Baser Amer and Gabe Norwood - left unpunished by Fiba in the aftermath of the July 2 brawl.
Maliksi, who is in Macau with Blackwater for its campaign in the Asia League Super 8 2018, enjoined everyone to move forward as the country's basketball body accepted Fiba's decision on the issue.
“We're trying to move on na. All players and the coaching staff regret na it happened,” he said.