RAYRAY Parks is coming home, and don't be surprised if he suits up for Asean Basketball League (ABL) debutant Alab Pilipinas this season.
The former UAAP MVP stirred up excitement among his fans on Wednesday when he released a video on Instagram and Twitter announcing that he's coming home, days after failing to make the final cut of the Westchester Knicks in the NBA D-League.
"So I heard there's another team who needs a Filipino to represent the country," Parks said in the video. "Hhmm, you guys know me well, basta para sa bayan, game ako dyan."
"Wait for me, I'm coming home," he added.
Charlie Dy, co-owner of the team along with Dondon Monteverde, expressed surprise when was told about the 15-second Parks video.
But he did admit having conversation last week with the 23-year-old product of National University about a possible stint with Alab Pilipinas. Dy has been representing Parks for a long time now.
"Kausap ko siya last week and we talked about his next plans after the NBA D-League," said Dy.
"I told him we have a slot in the team for him if he's coming back," he added. "Ang sabi niya pag-iisipan niya muna."
He hasn't heard anything yet since then from the son of the late great import Bobby Parks, who is still in Los Angeles.
Dy admitted though, it thrills him should Parks tell him he'll be coming on board Alab Pilipinas in time for the November 27 opening of the ABL.
"Personally, nae-excite ako," he said.
Parks last played in the country during the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament as part of the Gilas Pilipinas team under coach Tab Baldwin.