Marc Pingris uncertain for Magnolia opener after removal of kidney stones
Marc Pingris got a visit from pal June Mar Fajardo before getting discharged from the hospital after having procedures to remove kidney stones. Photo from Pingris Instagram account

MARC Pingris remains uncertain if he'll be ready to suit up for Magnolia in the season-opening PBA Philippine Cup that gets underway Sunday after undergoing a procedure to remove kidney stones last week.

The veteran forward has already been discharged from the hospital on Tuesday and is now resting at home, although management is still re-evaluating his condition on whether he'll miss some of the Hotshots' early games or not.

"Hindi pa alam. Sana wala," said team governor Rene Pardo during the formal press launch of the league's 43rd season on Wednesday.

 

Salamat bai! #dotaboys #mamasboy @saginghilaw15 im going home!!!????

A post shared by Marc Pingris (@jeanmarc15) on Dec 11, 2017 at 8:46pm PST

Magnolia would have its first game against Alaska on Dec 20 at the San Juan Arena before playing rival Barangay Ginebra on Christmas Day at the Philippine Arena.

In a separate chat with SPIN.ph, Pingris said he felt fine now, but is likewise non-commital about his timetable to return.

"I'm ok na bro," the native of Pozzorubio, Pangasinan said.

He even joked about his condition by saying he felt like he'd just given birth.

"Nanganak na rin ako," said Pingris with a laugh.

Follow the writer on Twitter: @gerardmos